Website names world’s top 10 ugliest buildings
Travel website Trippy.com published a list of the world’s ugliest buildings, according to its staff and users.
The ‘winning’ building was the brutalist FBI headquarters in Washington DC by Charles F Murphy and Associates.
Denys Lasdun’s Grade II* listed Royal National Theatre in London, as well as IM Pei’s Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum (pictured) in Cleveland, Ohio, came in at second and tenth place respectively.
The distinctive Trump Tower in New York, developed by Donald Trump, was judged to be the world’s eighth ugliest building.
No buildings from the Middle East were selected.
World’s 10 ugliest buildings (according to Trippy.com)
1. J Edgar Hoover Building (FBI HQ), Washington DC
Architect: Charles F Murphy and Associates
2. Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum, Cleveland, Ohio
Architect: IM Pei
3. Sharp Centre for Design, Toronto
Architect: Alsop Architects, with Robbie, Young and Wright Architects
4. Aoyama Technical College, Shibuya, Japan
Architect: Makoto Watanabe Sei
5. Geisel Library, University of California, San Diego
Architect: William Pereira
6. Chang Building (aka The Elephant Tower), Bangkok
Architect: Sumet Jumsai
7. Epi Apartments, Seattle
Architect: Bumgardner Architects
8. Trump Tower, New York
Architect: Der Scutt with Swanke Hayden Connell and Partners
9. The Pixel Building, Melbourne
Architect: Studio 505
10. National Theatre, London
Architect: Denys Lasdun